CONTEST RULES, GUIDELINES & SEQUENCE OF EVENTS
Each contestant will complete and submit an application that will contain information to be given to the judges and MC. Friday evening; the contestants will pick numerical order on stage during the Meet and Greet and will be required to be at the Meet and Greet by 10pm. The contest itself will begin at 9pm on Saturday night with interviews starting at 5pm the same day.
Contestants are expected to be prompt for the meet and greet, Saturday show staging and interviews and arrive no later than 8:30pm for the contest.
Final variations in schedule may occur. An exact agenda will be provided to registered contestants.
The winner of the Mr. New England Leather contest will represent the region at the International Mr. Leather contest in Chicago the May following his win. A prize package including IML airfare and lodging will be awarded to the winner in addition to a title patch and sash, a prize package guaranteed by Full Kit Gear and The Crown & Anchor.
The winner will represent the leather community of New England for one year, compete at International Mister Leather, participate in a minimum of three charitable events in at least three different New England states, and represent Full Kit Gear & Crown & Anchor as sponsors during IML.
Mirroring the guidelines of International Mister Leather, to compete for Mr. New England Leather, contestants must identify as male and be 21 years of age or older as of May 1st the following year to quality for IML registration.
The Mr. New England Leather contest will have five to seven judges and an appointed Tally Master who will manage calculation and results of the vote tally. The scores of the judges will be added for each category with the highest and lowest scores eliminated. There are five categories with a maximum of 100 points obtained from each judge per category. After all parts of the contest are judged, the scores of each section are totaled and the contestant with the highest score is the winner. The next highest score is the First runner-up and the next is the Second runner-up. In case of a tie for first place, all judges will take a closed ballot to break the tie.
All contestants and judges are asked to be at the Vault by 10pm on Friday for the meet and greet, where the contestant numbers will be picked on stage at 11PM. The contest will take place on Saturday evening, promptly at 9pm at Paramount Nightclub.
1. Individual interviews (0 – 100 possible points maximum per judge) Starting at 5pm Saturday, each contestant will meet privately with the panel of judges to be asked question about lifestyle, your interests, community involvement and availability to represent the leather community. You will be scored for intelligence, attitude, personality, and ability to communicate. This also applies to aptitude as a spokesperson for the leather community in New England, and to represent New England at the IML contest in Chicago.
2. Leather Image – Introductions: (0 – 100 Points per Judge) Each contestant will be introduced and will walk the stage in cruising attire or apparel of his choice. This sets the tone for the image you wish to present as Mr. New England Leather. All contestants will return to the stage after the introductions. Contestants are required to accurately fill out a data sheet on themselves so the MC can read parts to the audience.
3. Question – (0 – 100 points per judge) Each contestant will be introduced and have the microphone to speak to the audience for no more than 90 seconds. This is where contestants will answer a lighthearted question. Time will be given for a quick change if desired.
4. Physique – (0 - 100 points per judge) Each contestant will be individually introduced wearing as little as is allowed by law or as he chooses. He must move about the stage to display, to the judges, his physique. The contestant may use props to exhibit and sexual kink or fetish.
5. Who are you? – (0 – 100 points per judge) Each contestant will be given 90 seconds on stage to express themselves. Do you want to speak to a personal stance in the community, make a pitch for why you’d like to represent New England’s leather community or perform a talent (no pyrotechnics please)? That’s your call. Show the judges and audience who you are. Make them smile, make them take notice, make them laugh, make them fall in love with you!